Monday, February 25, 2008

Puppy Love, Heartbreak & Best Friends

Do you still remember of the crush(es) that we encounter when we were in high school?

Aahh..... especially still for me who are from the boys Christian school and when our puberty (or should I say, hormones) starts to kick in. When did those female species became so interesting? Those Lower 6 girls were sure attractive when we were just Form 4. Who cares if they are 2 years older than we were. We would be lost in Cloud 9 most of the time. I wonder is it on purpose where our Form 4 classes were situated directly in front of the stairs where the Form 6 girls would come down?

I would still remember when my uncles were teasing me when I were 13 years old and entering the high school. Just a few more years and I would be having a girl - friend, they said. I replied, "Girls? Yucks! I would not have a girl - friend." They would just laugh and laugh. Guess I knew what they were laughing about and also me who are currently doing the teasing with my younger cousins and nephews.

No matter how high we were feeling when we're in love (or should I say crushes), nothing would beat it when we get the first heartbreak. Goodness, it was like heaven had fallen on my head, my world is dying or my heart is being pierced by hundreds (if not thousands) of razor sharp knives.

My parents pitied on me greatly when it happened. They would comfort that it is a normal thing. Part and parcel of growing up. You would be able to find another. She is not good enough for you or my favourite, she is foolish not to accept you. However, it still lasted for around 1 month with the days easier to go by one after the other.

Classmates were a great help and comfort too when they knew it happened to you. They would immediately rush by your side and comfort you. I would say classmates are the best friends anyone could find. When it happened to another friend, we would get informed immediately and like had received an SMS, we would quickly rush to the classmate's help. We know that it would not ease anything at that moment when it happened but when our painful mind is recovering, we would be thankful that they were there at that time. I guess that what makes school mates as the best friend and the most memorable one.

How I wish when we are still back there during the time of innocence. Wonder would it happen the same thing when we are adult? Hmmm.............

2 comments:

jepunlauee said...

Ya,I remeber all those puppy loves that I have in my school days....
To tell the truth I rather be in those times than be in now..the present time..coz everything is so complicated when we turned into adult...

Boone Goh said...

Life were really easy and innocent back then. You're right, of course that it is more simple.

However, complications builds character, they say, whether we want to believe it or not.

It is just human that we remember our happier times in the past. Would not make us pyscho.